View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Hit the wreaking yards And any place with old medium trucks. Also watch craigslist. Barry
Once I'm walking safely that's on my list. i heard we have a good one nearby in OKC. Theres a big one north of Dallas that i want to hit too next time I visit the land of the free (texas).

thanks jolly. im proud of her even if she doesnt look like much. I mean 500 bux and 4wd and i got it running! how many new cars can you let sit for years then spend 15 bucks to get them roadworthy right?

(to everyone reading)
the build stopped after the sensor for a few months due to the hip surgery. im 30cough years old and blew a hip out. go figure. the kids are calling me grandpa lol.

This week though i got out and started the old girl again to blow the condensation out of her (or maybe just to hear her run again lol) and that got me started to tinkering. I'm down to using 1 crutch so I can carry stuff again.

I replaced that broken window on the passenger side and then I grabbed my old oilbath air cleaner and got to work on it. I'll post the how-i-did-it and some pictures soon. Its just a simple paintover job.

THanks for all the encouraging words everyone. Im really enjoying bringing her back to life.