View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2014, 01:55 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 suburban VIN number or serial number ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdubois View Post
hi

i live in Canada and i am buying a 1960 GMC Suburban. The deal is done with the seller, but when he gave me the serial number, it did not start with "0" like i think normally a 1960 year truck started with. i did some research and the vin he give it to me is the chassis number : 1001cn5823a.

The seller tells me that there is no serial number on the front door pillar with 11 digit and starts with a "0" on a GMC 1960 SUburban. Do you think that is ok ? i am buying that truck for my 16 years old son , he wants to bring the truck in Canada and do a restoration project on it , i am happy with that , but i dont want to have any problem with that VIN situation and lost resale value because their is no 11 digit serial number on the truck !

Do you have an answer about that or also can you refer me to someone that could help me ? I am french , sorry for my english! thanks ! N.B. the title of that truck uses that chassis serial number on it.
I hope to bring one of these '60 GMC Suburbans back into the family again someday! Please post pictures when you can! Seems to me your english is fine!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday