View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:28 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Re: Who says an old truck isn't practical? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz View Post
J/m When is the BBQ !! Glad you get some practical use out of your truck. I have a 60 4 x 4 with a 305. It does not set for more that a couple of days. Starts right up with no pumping. It does run better hot though. it lags going into 3rd so I have to rev the motor a bit hot of cold.
It was that weekend..... The plan had been to get the spit shipped to our door, but we ran out of time. The old man always seems to come through when it counts though LOL

Sadly, I don't get to drive it as much as I'd like to. The great thing about living close to work is it's less than a 10 minute drive if the traffic is good. The bad thing is 10 minutes isn't nearly enough for a decent run, and if traffic is bad it means sitting there idling for another half an hour or so.

It's getting to where I've started trying to plot a course to and from work that's specifically designed to give me a worthwhile drive. Which is not a thing I ever thought I'd have to do. New cars are just too convenient I reckon.