View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2018, 02:48 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need ignition upgrade help/advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey478 View Post
The fuel mandates are very frustrating. The blended gasoline and diesel actually do not help the emissions to the environment at all. I buy the alcohol free 'boat fuel' we are fortunate enough to have at some stations like Country Mark here. It is 91 octane and more expensive but it goes in every older fuel system we have on combines, tractors and trucks not designed for the blend fuel, especially those that sit for periods of time between use. It is worth it not to have the corrosion problems blend fuel causes. The bean oil blend diesel is also very destructive to fuel systems not designed for it since it too is very corrosive with constituents removed that lubricated pumps and injectors to the point for older engines we have to put in additives to provide that lubrication or the older systems will be destroyed. Every time people like us try to present facts and figures for government meetings reviewing the mandates and showing how they are pointless we are ignored by big government and big money interests that want to keep their profits rolling in. The diversion of farm products to the fuel mandates has significantly increased what you pay for food. Another boondoggle is the removal of zinc from engine oils. We have to add STP or ZDDP type zinc bearing additives for our flat tappet motors or we will grind off the cam lobes and lifter bottoms will be cupped out. EPA is a government organization on a rampage with totally unreasonable and unneeded regulation. There is no good oversee of them, forcing them to prove the benefit of a ruling before they implement it. As is too often the case, we average Joes are the losers. Next they will mandate catalytic convertors for volcanoes!! LOL!! The Earth takes care of herself. Their favorite ploy is to present a problem, make us feel guilty for it to the point we allow them to run with it and make us pay for it, feeling good we helped in some way. I have to say "common sense" is not so common anymore! I wish everyone a great day and best of good times with your trucks.

Greetings Massey!

You might want to check out Royal Purple's line of Synthetic oils, as they contain ZDDP. Now, I realize that synthetic oils are more expensive than crude base oils, but given the benefit of the ZDDP already in the oil, and the extended life of synthetic oils over crude base oils, the synthetic oil more than pays for itself in the long run by reducing engine wear and repair costs. Visit Royal Purple at; http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/r...ment-articles/. You can contact them with any questions you may have about their products, and they will promptly answer those questions via e-mail. I have recently started using Royal Purple in my car, and I am extremely pleased with their product, since it is my opinion that it is far superior to Mobil1 or Amsoil.