View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:37 AM

Truck: 1963 1500 Custom
adamfgarner is on a distinguished road
Default Help me make my bed...

Hello gents!

I don't post a lot though I do like to read your discussions and such...I have been working on a '63 long bed...one of my issues is that my body lines are "janky"...part of that problem is that someone before me put in a plywood bed and did a poor job of it so the bed doesn't sit right...I would like to re-do the bed with planks in the proper style, however according to diagrams I have seen for the kits it looks like some planks are wider than others and I would like to get them milled right...if I can get a good guide or template I can probably fashion a bed myself for less than $200...I would be glad to share any successes I have.
On a side note this truck had ten leaf springs as opposed to the seven the 1500 was factory equipped with...the added three were thicker but seemed of the same age (dealer installed)...I just got done taking them off to accommodate a better ride (it was stiff and lost traction easily)...anybody else have any stories of dealer upgraded suspension etc? My truck has the dana60 and 12" brakes all the way around also.....be well and thanks in advance for any tips or help.