View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:45 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help me make my bed...

Longstepper or wideside?

Longstepper is 3 1/8",7 7/16", 7 7/16",5 7/16",5 7/16", 7 7/16",7 7/16",3 1/8"

Wideside is 6 3/8" cut in half for the wheel well, then 7 7/16",7 7/16",7 7/16",5 7/16",5 7/16 7 7/16",7 7/16",7 7/16", then another 6 3/8" cut for the wheel well again.

Like the teacher said, show your work! I'd like to see pics of it. I just had my BIL cut my boards for Christmas. haven't seen them yet!

Edit: I just saw that you needed more than the widths of the boards. If you have one of the old boards you can get an idea of the wonky way they cut them for the strips, but here's a pic of the dadoing (right word?) needed for the parts that have a strip touching them:

The channel cut down the middle is 1/4" deep on the right and 1/4" wide. The channel on the little raised side on the left is 1/8" deep if that makes sense.

EDIT 2: I changed the pic to show it better. For longbeds the boards should be 97" long except the ones you cut for the wheelwells. I don't have the length for those but you should be able to measure the length out pretty easily. Sorry bout that.

EDIT 3: OOO I found it. It's 34 1/2 inches long in front of the wheelwell, then 25 inches behind. BOOM!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; January 13th, 2014 at 01:11 PM.