View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2015, 09:51 PM

Truck: 1960 GMC 4000
Bigben88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 gmc 4000 cab swap

Abus,
Agreed on the preservation stuff but I have done multiple trucks where I've kept it original and now its time to do something else on the wish list. From what you said about the measurements I am 100% in agreement and that is a good idea to put them side by side and then make the measurements. That is what I'm trying to do now but I can't get them side by side until I decide which frame, make and newer model to go with. 00' or never. I'm just swapping the Cab so I'm trying to swap to a "cab and chassis" 00' or newer which has the sunken frame up front for the cab and then straight rails from the cab back for a utility bed which is what I want to do.

For me I can go either way. In my opinion it is easier to swap the cab and make it fit new components versus the other way around. I can always go the other way and just swap the components as well. Just looking for some "expertise" to influence my opinion.

Are you doing any frame shortening on your trucks? Would you be interested in sending me some pics and discussion over email versus the forum? If so PM me and i'll send you my info. Thanks for the reply and help -B