View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2021, 03:40 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: GMC V-6 ignition question

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSTROKE View Post
BOB - Good, you've thought that problem out. Neither that F-150 or Mustang was one of FORD'S better ideas, makes me wonder why I've bought several more since.

On your old ag tractors, PERTRONIC's is the brand of solid state replacement system used. They get about 50-50 approval on antique tractor forums. I think the ability of the installer enters into some of the unsatisfactory installations.

Greetings, POWERSTROKE!

Regarding the Pertronix Solid State Ignition conversions, the instructions include with them are easy to follow, and the only reason that there should be any complaints with these conversions is that the installation instructions were not followed. Personally, I installed a Pertronix conversion on an IHC Super H Farmall for a friend of mine, and he is extremely pleased with the outcome of that installation. I would have no problem installing a Pertronix conversion on any of the older GM applications. Pertronix is far superior to the old point and condenser set ups of years gone by!