View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2014, 06:41 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Correct GMC vs. Chevy Truck Wheels, 1960-66

Hey GMCNut, I am glad you got the Black Phantom. If you get a tire off, please make a pic of the stampings if there are any. I saw the Ebay wheels. The green ones I saw are for sure what I am calling "Potters" Wheels. Are you suggesting that the Potter wheel design is also the Cameo design? I am inclined to believe that the Powder Blue Wheel with the Squisher profile looks like the Cameo wheel. The blue one (a 1959 GMC Suburban Pickup), with the ring that I added, has this same Squisher look. I do not know if that trucks wheels are correct or not. If they prove to be original, they would put the Squisher Wheels into production by 1959(probably late 1958). The white Ebay wheels look to have a double white pinstripe. I have seen this on trucks before, but I can not remember if it was Chevy or GMC. I would think the 6 small clips were earlier design, and 3 big clips were later, for both makes. If you can, please take a couple of pictures of a wheel on the new truck, with the hubcap off. One from straight on, and another taken so that the "Squisher" wheel profile is documented for that year GMC. I will post a pair taken of my wheels from similar angles, for examples. Thanks for the help, Greg Mead
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3813.JPG (2.88 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg 100_3812.JPG (2.29 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)

Last edited by 1960HDGMC; December 14th, 2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: forgot pictures