Thread: 3 on the tree
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:15 AM

Truck: 1960 C-10 Short Fleet
raycow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3 on the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmashman View Post
I seemed to have lost the link to the Overdrive resource. I think it would be a great addition to my 1965 305e truck/camper.

Any advice you can provide in obtaining & installing one would be appreciated.
Hi Mel -

I think this is the link you are asking about.
http://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=925247

If that guy's offering is already sold, you could try looking on ebay and craigslist. Other possibilities would be some of the Chevy car and truck forums. They often have a "for sale" and "wanted to buy" section. You could start with Chevytalk, but I know there are others too.

Installation is very straightforward if you have a SM318 in your truck now. The O/D transmission will fit your existing bellhousing and clutch. The worst you would have to do is replace the yoke or shorten the driveshaft. You will also need a manual control cable for the lockout lever. An ordinary choke or throttle cable of suitable length will work, but the real O/D cables are a little heavier than that. Any truck or tractor supply outlet should be able to fix you up with a cable

I will be happy to help you with the wiring when you get to that point, but the electrical hookup is actually pretty simple.

Ray