Thread: 62 GMC build
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default 62 GMC build

Here are some pics of my 62 that I finally got home.

It was sitting for 7 years.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I originally thought a barrel nut fell into the engine and it was parked. It was going to need engine work so I bought two parts motors.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I later found out it was a piece of all-thread and it was too long to fall completely into a cylinder. It was making a bunch of noise (probably holding an intake valve open) so he parked it.
..after making a deal and paying him for a not running truck he called to tell me he got it to start.
Even though I had it towed home we had it running and driving at his house! He jokingly told me the price goes up for a running truck. I jokingly reminded him that I already paid him and transferred the title so he must be wanting to buy it back for more than he sold it for.

It was really dusty from sitting so long in the desert but it was in covered parking so no major rot other than the tires.
Once I got it home I fixed a few things and swapped a few parts to stop some leaks but EVERYTHING works!
So I started cleaning...
Before...

After...

I waxed the right side of the hood just to see if it would clean up. Not too bad but I need to get some better stuff than the dried up old Turtle Wax® that I had laying around.