View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:47 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Split rims worth $$ ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
I would only sell them locally anyway, which is even less chance. Don't want to ship.
Thanks for all the input. I would never be nostalgic enough to use them. Many farmers, ranchers and enthusiast are experienced and use good caution on them. The part that would bother me is age and unseen fatigue. That is the main reason for not using old widow makers that I see.
Shipping wheels is one of the easiest things you will ever do - simply lay the wheel on flat cardboard and cut a perfect circle using a box cutter, and repeat until you have enough "disks" to cover the front and back of each wheel - then simply wrap silver duct tape over and over until decently secure, and wait for the buyers' scheduled FedEx guy to come and take them off your porch. Not painful at all. If you change your mind about shipping I'd probably give like 30 bucks each for them....no big deal if not

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)