View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2017, 12:06 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need all our GMC Historians help: 1963 Factory Black truck correct wheel paint?

Thanks guys - That worries me a little about the Palomino Tan truck having Black wheels but sprayed White on the fronts identically to mine - makes me wonder if that is the only White part of a GMC wheel - the face. But like Ken said, White wheels on a solid Black truck is not as appealing to me personally, so I have decided to powder coat these original wheels a "factory" looking semi-gloss like was used on the trucks' frame and underhood to closely match the trucks' patina vs high-gloss wheels. I still do not understand why the GMC Data book shows Crystal Green as the wheel color for Black and Dark Green truck as late as 1965 when none have ever been seen by anyone on here as coming that way, so all I can think there is the change was made to go all-white and maybe some Black ones but the Data book was not updated correctly to reflect that change - appreciate everyone's input

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)