View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2014, 09:40 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default "Patina Trucks" in the group

After reading newbie Albert Blue's post about his cool all original 63 truck, I thought maybe it would be cool to start a new thread for the purpose of only showing pics of "Patina trucks" in the group.
A Patina truck is a fairly newly coined expression used to describe trucks that still sport all their factory paint, or if not factory, at least old weathered paint that is still un-restored and hanging on. Patina trucks capture a glimpse of the past in a way we cannot replicate after a restoration by preserving the "war scars", fading and age that can only come from a long productive life. Because of this, and the low cost of ownership vs paying for a restoration, Patina trucks are bringing high-dollar prices, and public awareness and demand is skyrocketing.

I will start the thread with a couple pics of my own Patina truck, and then everyone who has one can chime in and add yours. Mine is a well preserved 2 owner 1964 2500 series "Camper Special" with 86K original miles I got from Ulysses Kansas a year or two back. Mine was sold new with a huge over-the-cab camper body on it, so the brand new never installed tailgate was stored in a dry barn from day 1 until 2009 when the camper was removed and it was finally installed on the truck. It came pretty highly optioned with power steering, power brakes, dealer A/C (currently off) 4 speed w/ 305E, Pow-R-Lok (positraction), bumper guards, custom cab equipment, deluxe heater, hazard switch and dual gas tanks. I added the plaid valve covers - couldn't resist

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Looking forward to seeing the other patina trucks you guys have - Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new wheels and tires1.jpg (5.9 KB, Multiple views, 442 clicks)
File Type: jpg new wheels and tires2.jpg (570.0 KB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg new wheels and tires3.jpg (760.9 KB, Multiple views, 21 clicks)
File Type: jpg new wheels and tires4.jpg (765.6 KB, Multiple views, 25 clicks)
File Type: jpg 305E Plaid valve covers 2.jpg (700.5 KB, Multiple views, 25 clicks)

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)