View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2018, 03:05 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hooking up Heater Controls?

Ok as promised, here is a short tutorial on the harness hook-up. It’s pretty straight forward Plug and play. I have the deluxe heater/defrost setup and this is written for combo.

Prior to starting, I would clean the spades of the switch, resistor and fan motor with an fine emery file or cloth and test them in case you need to change them out, no sense in doing this install and then needing to do again.

The new wiring harness provided by Classic Parts, follows the factory color codes and each connector is marked with a number so it’s easy to tell where each plug is connected. Also they are wrapped to keep it clean.

The only thing I did different was snip off and change the provided Plug Connector #1 (factory original design) to a spade so it would plug into my fuse block in a spare location. I added an inline fuse as well.

Connector #1, (Brown Wire) goes to power source on fuse block, you could wire direct to battery if needed, but I prefer a factory cleaner look.

Connector #2, plugs into the heater switch (fan speed) on dash assembly, this has 4 wires - Brown, Orange, Blue and Yellow connected into the plug that connects to the switch.

Connector #3 (Blue and Yellow) connect to the resistor in the back side of the plenum box, I used a small inspection mirror so I could see how to plug it in. bit of a pain to reach.

Connector #4 (orange wire with factory connector) passes through firewall and connects directly to motor lug (slide on).

You should have a working heater/defrost assembly now go forth and defrost warmly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Instruction.JPG (809.4 KB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg Switch plug.JPG (847.1 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
File Type: jpg Motor wire pass though.JPG (215.5 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
File Type: jpg Motor wire.JPG (196.7 KB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)