View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2015, 05:18 AM

Truck: 1960 short bed, step side
60ShortStpeGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Black Widow Build (3rd year)

Hold tight, this'll bring us up to date here in 2015.

February
- replaced front hubs/drums with hubs/drums from 1969 c10 (yes, this match up really did work. Now my bearings cost $30, or whatever, not $100. Plus, a modernization benefit.)

April
- rebuilt wood bed using original plywood that was laid over everything - replaced tires (with used tires....{sigh} budgetary restrictions)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

May
- won "diamond in the rough" at local car show

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

- at the car show with me are two out of the three reasons my truck budget is so low (father-in-laws red POS just beyond the nose there) - drove the heck out of the truck -

June
- drove the heck out of the truck part two (nothing better than a running/driving old truck!)

July
- replaced alternator (went with same as 75 chevy nova:63 amp, 3 o'clock pin location) - replaced starter solenoid - rebuilt Rochester 2g carb (new carb for about $45)

August
- replaced holley 1904 carb (single barrel) with Rochester 2g (because it was free..er..$45) - bought a hinky $15 two-to-one adapter (but, I mean, what the hey) - replaced original throttle linkage with cable - removed choke cable (just a temporary clean-up procedure) - installed "glow skull" in dash (yep, gimmick. but, pull the lights on and it glows: a decent "lights on" reminder. Monkey wired some inline fuses to dim the blinding glow-skull powers.)

September
$ all spent - reduced to toying with carb return springs and etc - clutch went out in between runs up and down the block (fortunately while in the garage)

October
truck fund still empty - pulled transmission (father-in-law said "oh sure, just lower it with your hands and rest it on your chest".)

- for the casual reader, be advised that the SM420 weighs about 135 lbs. (my father-in-law later said "well I never'd done one of those!". and to this date he still hasn't

) - removed clutch assembly

November
- purchased clutch set (shout out to FetchMeAPepsi for the parts #s) - $ all spent - tried and tried and tried and tried to nudge them flywheel bolts free

December
- paid reg - $ all spent - applied liberal amount of penetrating oil to flywheel bolts, waited designated time and... pulled flywheel (finally!)