View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2015, 03:10 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New member - vin question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
Hi YA'LL
I'm new to the club! whohoo! Thank you for having me.

I have a 1965 step side and was triyng to find out more info on it by looking up the vin # . It has a plate above the drivers door whtch is the # on the title but i try to look it up and says no info, it is 12 numbers long. If this is not the vin where is it?and how in the **** could they regester it with this #?

I'm not new to these trucks I use to own a 66 short fleet side back in the day but this is my first GMC. Please any help would be greatly appreciated!
hope to hear from ya.

Animal
Welcome from the Black Hills! That truck is built from some various parts, but that's what it sometimes takes to keep them on the road! Looks great to me! Think it's got a Chevy hood on it too. I had a '62 3/4 ton 4x4 GMC a few years ago that unfortuantely I had to sell. Great running 305 and all the mechanicals worked perfectly. Somewhere along the way it got a Chevy cab, tailgate and hood and was even titled as a Chevy, probably because of the vin tag. At least besides the tailgate lettering it looked like and was powered by GMC! Looking forward to more posts and pics!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday