View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:17 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GMC photos from history

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bongert View Post
Greetings fellow Club Members!

These are really interesting pictures of the history of GMC! As far as I am concerned, the "new" glorified pickup trucks on the road just don't appeal to me, and aren't built like the "workhorses" of years gone by. On another note, Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Yeah this is a great thread. The "new" trucks don't get me excited either. I enjoy driving them with the 4 speed non-power everything--including the steering and so does my wife! We enjoy the old ones that did have some of the convienences too but driving the ones that were primarily a workhorse is a gas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdriller View Post
Quote " I am getting ready to rebuild the cab... Some day... sorry its not a jimmy, but I think it's cool. Barry "

The cool thing about that, Barry, is that In '82... I drove a straight truck that was a White/GMC.....joint venture type thing.
It was super heavy duty, tandem drives with a Roadranger. It was about a '74 or so and originally was worn out as a garbage truck....was stripped and made a flat-bed. She was a rough ol' girl.....but she had a little GMC in her, kinda like this one.
There you go Barry, Rockdriller found the connection to post away on the White! I painted White/GMC signs for a heavy truck dealership I did work for back in the 80's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayoterun View Post
Happy thanksgiving to all from our house!!!
Same to you and yours and everyone else on the forum, Cayoterun!

Happy Thanksgiving---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday