View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2015, 02:55 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 Harley-Davidson of Macon Delivery Truck

Hey Steve, WalMart Photo Department is the way to go around here. They do great prints on photopaper, at reasonable rates. The big poster I showed you of my truck in my garage was done there, for 18 bucks. The 18x 20 and 18x24 are 12 bucks each. This is the perfect size for this old material. The originals are of a limited DPI so to speak. Tag on 50 years of paper fatigue and the quality is even poorer. But a good clean example should do fine at 16x20 or 16x24. I even did a 16x20 of the wiring diagram, so I can SEE the dang thing. There are other great art potential hiding within the pages of the Service manuals too. I would upload some here now, but for whatever reason I am unable to get pictures to load on this site at this time.
The best original image yields the best print. So get your flatbed scanner glass cleaned, and scan your originals at as high a resolution as it will allow you. Anything above 300DPI will do for smaller prints. For posters, you really need 600DPI or higher to get a decent poster print. Given the option, use Fuji kiosks to input your prints. The other kiosks do not yield colors as well as the Fuji Kiosks. Hope this helps, Greg Mead