View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2013, 06:25 PM

Truck: 1960 C-10 Short Fleet
raycow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sm318 Transmission Plugs and Transfer case plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I don't know what the bearing collar is but I found the bellhousing cover. Right next to it I found this spring lying on the crossmember. Any clue what it might go to? It's heavier than a carb spring. The rust on it makes it look kinda yellow under the camera but it's all rust.

I got the bellhousing cover off and it looks like this, covered in grime and oil of some sort. Click any link for a bigger image:

I'm guessing the collar is the thing this fork holds on to?

I pushed the clutch in with a 2' long board and it moved engine direction to the front of the engine.

It didnt seem to spin or act funny to my untrained eye. Also I didn't hear the skreeching noise either. That seems to only happen when I'm coasting in neutral or when I'm letting the engine slow the truck down while coasting.
I agree on the fork return spring. This is supposed to pull the bearing away from the pressure plate fingers so it doesn't spin when your foot is off the pedal.
Am I the only one here who thinks the inner end of the clutch fork is too far forward in both the engaged and disengaged positions?

Ray

Last edited by raycow; September 1st, 2013 at 12:27 AM.