View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:02 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 3500 Rescue Squad
6066gmcguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1965 GMC 3500 Rescue Squad

So yesterday I drove the Rescue Squad to the Car Show in Malad Idaho, about 45 miles away. here we are ready to head out in the morning.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

by the time we got the the truck was having a few problems, but the filter didn't look too bad, so I was thinking maybe Vapor Lock as the fuel line was sitting against the block. a stroll through the drug store netted me some wooden close pins. I put some on the fuel line hoping that mite fix the problem.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So after the show we head back for home, it don't take vary long to find that the problem is still there, so we pull to the side fo the road for some repairs.

So I figure on changing out the fuel filter again, it was only replaced the week before and had about 60 miles on it now.

But then I remember seeing this small housing the other day, so I checked it out while we were stopped anyway.

I removed it from the carb and tryed blowing through it, and I could tell this little filter was plugged too. So I removed it, didn't have one to replace it with, so I put it back with out a filter. I then installed a new inline filter while I was at it.

fuel enters that little filter through the hole you can see near the top of the photo. anyway after this I drove the truck the rest of the way home, and to the neet in Brigham and back, it never missed a beat. also once this little fitler was removed I could get the truck over 60 mph!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on FacePage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the
on FacePage.
Owner of:
1965 GMC 3500 Custom Rescue Squad {Black Built Bodies}
1968 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
2006 Yamaha Rhino 450
2008 GMC HHR Panel.