View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2014, 09:38 PM

Truck: 1965 930 & 1965 K20 & 65 C10 combining into one truck.
quest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: !965 1 ton front disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG1956 View Post
I want to put front disc on my 65 1 ton dually. I have a 1987 chevy 1ton dually parts truck. Will the spindals bolt up to my exiting upper and lower control arms? Do you know if I will use 65 ball joints or 1987 upper and lower ball joints ? What about inner and outer tie rod ends? I really don't want to change out entire front crossmember from the 87. I was reading in the how to section how to add front disc on a dually but can't find second part or entire article. Thank's for your help.
Well if the older ball joints don't work with the newer spindles or if the newer ball joints don't fit the old control arms then you could just adapt the whole apparatus from the 87, cross member, control arms and everything to the 65 frame. If I recall correctly the frame rails might be the same width, check it out and see if I remember right!

Someone told me once that they could not fit a 6.2 diesel between the frame rails and that seemed odd to me so I went and measured my 86 3/4 T against my 65 and I seem to remember they were almost identical! So if they are you could easily swap everything over.