View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2023, 03:26 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

Quote:
The carb cheater is a great idea. From a guy on YouTube called Thunderhead289 for anyone wondering.

But I think that with a little knowledge about carb tuning and a wideband O2 sensor you can come a long way, without the need for a carb cheater.

You're right. A little practice is all it takes to get a carb tuned right. But the cheater is still useful even after a perfect tune is achieved. As mentioned before, it cannot replace a solid tune. It can only enhance.

In other news. I think I fixed my blinker issue. Touching the connector actually had nothing to do with the problem. My finger was just touching the wire for the flasher unit and providing it with a path to ground. However, inside the connector was a pin that was flattened. It was sliding under the female pin instead of inside of it. That can cause excessive current draw and heat. Time will tell if the issue is actually resolved. I was never able to get a reliable way to blow the fuse.

I also tried to fix my loose u-joint. I got the driveshaft removed and took some measurements, only to find that the u-joint is fine and my differential yoke is stretched. I don't have the tools to replace the yoke at home. I'll have to bring it to my shop on my day off. Should be a quick swap.