Thread: Value Question
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2018, 10:26 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Value Question

Why didn't you say how much he is asking?
As a person who has specialized on 55-59 Panels and Suburbans for 15 years, yes they are special. To find one with genuine panel seats is real special. This has them, at least the driver's seat, can't see the other well. I agree with Ed's list and price. $1500 is better.

Keep in mind that value starts with how much rust, period! But in this case, the rare factor is a close second. (rare does not always = valuable) The pricing is for a 1/2 T, short wheel base. Any other changes the value.

Rare items:
1. 1960 (first year for new body)
2. GMC
3. Panel
4. Original bomber bucket panel seats
5. Looks very COMPLETE and ORIGINAL! indeed.
6. Nice uncut dash
7. Rear wood in good condition(?)
8. No rust (?) Floor is easily repairable. Surface rust is just the surface(?)
9. A running BBV6!!!!!!
10. Original interior colors(?)
11. Drivable, shiftable, stoppable (?)
12. There can not possibly be that many Panels made in the first year. Only purchased by delivery people and some trade persons.
13 Unbroken windshield. VERY expensive to replace.
14. Possible very rare emergency or civil defense history due to top lights and vintage two way radio. (which should be left as is/restored) (pictures should be taken of any "shadow lettering", logos or original symbols on the sides or doors before sanding).
(?)= can't see/can't tell for sure. Buyer to observe.

It could have other rare features I don't see. I love panels if they are non rusted. Be advised, there are NO repair panels available rearward of front doors.

I would buy it at $2500 if it is non rusted. (maybe even $3000 if it's non rusted). It is possible it's worth more than that if title is doable and VIN is legit and it's not stolen or plate switched.

Except I don't buy anything without a title. So to me it's negatory territory. It's a NO buy for me in my home state. If you are 100% sure about getting an AL title, then I guess that's up to you. At least be sure it has a genuine, legit, original, riveted VIN plate with proper VIN, matching the year and etc. See our Vin page for description, location, pix and decoder.

I don't listen to "all you gotta do is this or that". Salvage title, bonded title, rebuilt title, lost title......NO THANKS. In your case, in your state, you can use the fact that you have to do all the work, take all the risk, as leverage for lower price

Last edited by AZKen; February 7th, 2018 at 11:25 PM.