View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2022, 08:29 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500
Caseyjones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 Palomino Tan build

Been working through a few things on the truck. I wasn't getting any fuel from the accelerator pump nozzles and I wanted to jet the carb down anyway, so I installed #68 jets and spent way too much time figuring out that the little check valve needle under the accelerator pump nozzles was stuck. The factory gasket was smashed down so tight that I coudln't re-use it, so had to buy a new gasket set too. Hooked up a new throttle return spring setup while I was at it. Runs much better, was able to tune the idle mixture to be better too.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I patched the original shifter hole and installed a shift boot. I'm trying to find a good used O-A torch so I can bend the shifter into a better place but keep getting ghosted by sellers. So i'm just driving with a ratchet strap pulling the seat foam out of the way of the shifter...

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The local Sherwin Williams auto paint shop tried to color-match some paint for me. It's close, but a little too light. I sprayed over my "bodywork"...I think it's better, kind of, but I would like to come back to this corner of the truck at some point. Got the new rear bumper mounted, too.

And for good measure, took a pic while both trucks were parked on the street. Easter colors!