View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2023, 02:24 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1965 Suburban Series 1000 - 351M with mechancal tachometer - PS & PB & 2 speed Pow-R-Flow automatic
lizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enoughlizziemeister'sV6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Was wondering what changes you are thinking about that differ from Pete's grind specs. I run a Pete spec ground cam - it sounds nice which was one of mine goals and seems to do good at highway cruzin' speed. My truck clocks at 60 mph about 2600 rpm. I think this is about where the power band comes in due to the cam grind. My truck sees mostly highway speeds and most generally pulls a car trailer lightly loaded. You can relate my truck's usage to that of 379 Peterbilt pulling a chrome reefer - gets the job done with a little flair. Sure there's better builds and combos but hey - it's a little different that any run-of-the truck - and it gets more looks that any 2023 decked out $100,000 truck when you pull up to gas pump.
I guess it's all in what you want - but the truth is anything you do to a 60 yr. old GMC V6 motor will never be equal to what a truck engine of today's manufactured engineered marvels can do in performance. BUT when we raise our hoods we CAN see a motor and are ABLE to work on it. This is just my thoughts - give me and other GMC V6 caretakers your inputs - for now I think I go out and crank-up the 1960's Diamond T "Cat" powered road tractor and blow some smoke while dreaming about a V12 powered "Crackerbox". Have a good day!

Last edited by lizziemeister'sV6; June 13th, 2023 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spacing wrong