View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2016, 10:15 PM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1962 Gmc dump truck

Chevrolet trucks without the white band still had the black back ground as well. For some reason there were inconsistencies with the black backgrounds on some trucks. Possibly the assembly plant ran out of flat black paint or it was just a quality control issue like some plant employees figured they could get by without this procedure. Included is a factory pic showing the black background. It is one of the details of these trucks that has nearly disappeared since most of these trucks have been repainted and body shops have paid no attention to this detail, and that's real easy to overlook. I painted a 66 GMC back in 2002 for a customer, I was definitely concerned to get all that right. After getting the truck all done I took pictures and noticed that I didn't paint behind the grille, I did get the hood background though so I had to go back and paint behind the grille. When you compare one of these trucks with the black background vs one without it is a noticeable difference and the one with the black background looks far better

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150508_0004.jpg (3.20 MB, Multiple views, 14 clicks)