View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2021, 09:08 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Well, sometimes things do not go as expected. A fire ravaged the place where I worked on the bed parts and had stored them. Luckily the pickup (without bed) is stored elsewhere, so I'm lucky I still have it.

Its not my house, but that of my grandparents. Glad they are OK themselves. That is the most important. Sheet metal can be welded onto or replaced.

The bedsides were not great but I'm guessing they are scrap now. It seems the tailgate and front panel and still salvagable. The fenders too, but you can't see 'em on the pictures but they were there also (resting against the post with the vise). 2 of the crossmembers were also in the fire, one looks usable but the small one is all twisted up. In the pictures one can also see a couple of Opel 6 cilinder CIH engines. Also a couple of VW 1.6 diesels. All burned up too.

Some pictures:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brandschade.jpg (448.0 KB, Multiple views, 17 clicks)
File Type: jpg brandschade1.jpg (425.6 KB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)
File Type: jpg brandschade2.jpg (374.3 KB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)