Thread: Running rich?
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2017, 07:28 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Re: Running rich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
Running rich, no air supply. Get rid of that air cleaner and get a REAL BIG ONE like you are supposed to have. THEN see what happens before adjusting and opening up carb. Rough calculation: With the diameter of that filter and the louvered hood, You have less than 25% air flow volume of what the motor needs. You are, in fact, running with a "choke" on all the time. You could be as low as 10% of required air volume. I can't see the louver gaps. When you get that fixed, you will think you have a dragster. Smokin the tires every take off. [emoji106] Not really
Not as big as I was wanting, but it fit like a glove and is much improved over the old one (that's it on top).
It drives differently... I think more along the lines of how it's supposed to behave though. I've noticed I can hear the electric fuel pump more now. Would you expect that? Also, my oil pressure appears to be lower. Not sure if that's just a coincidence. But, it's one of those things where because I drive it every day, I'm quite familiar with how it behaves and sounds....

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk