View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Stick a jack under the transfer case because it's HEAVY.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then unscrew those 15/16 bolts from the passenger side. this was one of the pics that was messed up but they're huge bolts you can see by just squatting down and looking under the truck. Very easy to spot.
They're very short bolts too so don't get crazy.

Now take the bracket bolts loose where it connects to the emergency brake. there's two bolts on the rear, two underneath. You can see the bolt holes they came out of right above the bolts in my hand.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Another pic that messed up is the underneath bolts. When you take these out the tranny will try to fall. Make sure you put the plug in the drain hole and that the transfer case is braced up by the jack!

It will try to twist too, be careful.

When it's out pick the dirt dobber nests off. Mine had something like concrete on it too. not sure what that came from. I had to chisel it off with a screwdriver.

Anyway, that's it for removal. I hosed mine off with a pressure washer after washing the inside of my garage from the tranny repair. Both were a hot mess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.