View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2016, 04:13 PM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to the Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2 View Post
Hello!! My first was a '65 Chevy SNB my dad bought me when I was 14. I restored that truck in my teens and nicknamed it the "Orange Crush" since I painted it an early 70's Corvette orange w/ a white cab. I got stupid in my 20's and sold it. Dad passed away last year and I really started missing him and my old truck. In April I lucked into a 1966 GMC K1000 SWB. The truck is pretty much original except the 283 has been replaced with a nicely built 350 some years ago. The original bed being in really bad shape got set aside and I found a super clean stepside bed with the spare tire mount just like my old truck. I'm in heaven !!! I will be upgrading the axles, adding power brakes and steering I have from an old '77 suburban. The rest will be keeping with the original design. I will start the frame off restoration in the near future after I put up a shop to work on it in. Ideas and thoughts are always welcome. Looking forward to posting the progress and helping others where I can.
Welcome to the group: I'm famaliar with your home country. I spent alot of my teen years down in the Siloam Springs, Gentry, Decatur, Ark area. Still go there pretty often to visit. Enjoy your truck, and memories of the old one.

Lived at Noel, Mo. for awhile in the early '70s. Miss that beautiful country, except your summer humidity.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.