View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2020, 09:02 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

Well. I found a precision sheet metal fabrication shop. They were able to reproduce the parking brake lever I needed. It took a month for them to so, but it's finally done. The shop I went to typically only serves bulk orders for businesses. The owner was very kind to make an exception for me, so long as I paid a "single item fee".

Not a single vehicle with compatible brake parts appeared in my local junkyard during the month of waiting. So the only way I can see getting these levers is to get lucky at the junkyard, buy from someone scrapping a Dana 60, or order the Dorman kit and have a shop mirror the lever for the other side.

I have to finish up a few other vehicles that I'm working on for family members. They noticed that my mechanical skills were not being used and thought it'd be a good idea to give me something to do. Once I'm finished with those, I will continue with Papa Smurf. One setback at a time, we will get him back on the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200625_123710[1].jpg (3.11 MB, Multiple views, 15 clicks)