View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2015, 09:28 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Patina Trucks" in the group

This was my grandfather's pickup. He bought it used from a buddy of his at the Post Office where he worked in Phoenix in '62. By that point his buddy had put a camper in and panted over the original cape blue with white to match the white camper. You can see the old color coming through the white nowa days.

I do plan on restoring it but thought this would be a good place for it (patina trucks) till I get the building put up that I'll be working on it in. Spent 2 years in red tape with the county so far. fingers crossed and prayers answered I'll have the building permit next week. It's a kit steel building (30x50) and has been sitting on a trailer next to the house for those 2 years.

Anywho, already talked about paint with 1960HDGMC (awesome guy by the way) and it will end up pretty similar to that (I hope). Generally looking to go as original as possible with it but being white most of its life and the cape blue having been my grandmother's favorite color, I figured on going the two tone with it. At least that was an original available option anyway.

Well, I love talking about it so I know I've already droned on enough for now. Love the forum all! Thanks for letting me join!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130610_095623.jpg (2.07 MB, Multiple views, 21 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20130610_095544.jpg (2.88 MB, Multiple views, 18 clicks)

Last edited by Walys60; October 6th, 2015 at 10:57 PM.