View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2014, 02:59 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

So Barry, did you mean THESE 9/16 sized six bolts? Yes Sir!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

With those six bolts out the brake assembly just fell away!

I set it on top of the axle. Then I was left with this elephant looking thing

Here's a closer view. Nothing seemed worn or scratched up.

Next I took the four bolts out on top. Also 9/16 sized.

This thing pulled straight out. It doesn't seem to have a purpose

But there were THREE metal gaskets under it. Weird

Then I took the four bolts out of the bottom one. It had no metal gaskets on it at all.

Also interesting, two of the bottom one's bolts were longer than the top ones. Here they are side by side.

The long bolts went on the rear outside corner and the front inside corner. Here's my finger showing you where they go.

Then the bottom "purposeless thing" came loose with a little wiggling.

Then I moved to the back of the knuckle (big round thing holding the elephant trunk). I took about half the bolts out of it. They're 1/2 inch bolts, not 9/16 like the front.

I had the wheel turned when I took it loose so I had to use a wrench for some of them

As I took the last bolt out this thin metal piece fell off and smacked the ground. Beware of falling brackets!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.