View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2014, 03:18 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

In the front of the wheel - I mean the knuckle, it hooks to the steering bar thing. It has a cotter pin in it. Mine broke when I tried to take it out. Too much rusting I guess.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The nut is 3/4 inch. I spun it down almost off, but left it on for whacking.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Now I whacked it with a hammer to pop it loose. Leaving the nut on it keeps the hammer from messing up the threads.

After that I took it off the rest of the way.

The steering bar just lifts up out of the way.

Then I grabbed the little ear that the steering bar hooked to and wiggled it back and forth. this broke the outside of the knuckle loose so I could pull it off of the elephant trunk thing.

Sitting in the bottom of this was a little cup bearing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.