View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2016, 03:09 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The saga continues - Sputtering, loss of power when accelerating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
Supposedly it's a "new" tank and a "new" fuel pump. The latter might be true, but I'm seriously doubting the former. Particularly if there's that much scrud going on?

The good news is I had already ordered (and have just received) a new sending unit, as the gauge hasn't worked from the start. All the wiring and whatnot checks out as far as that's concerned, so hopefully there's going to be a bit of killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

I don't plan on installing the sending unit though until the issue with the tank is sorted. Otherwise, knowing my luck I'll have to get yet another replacement far too soon.
If it isn't to bad you can always pull the tank and flush it. Then recheck. Main concern is loose rust from years water in the gas and condensation eating at the metal and gas itself. Had a tank that looked great, but after a hard flushing leaked like crazy. New tank was on the way and installed 6 days later. lol

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.