View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2023, 05:15 PM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

Quote:
I like your idea, but how much do you need to take off of the deck to get rid of the dome in the piston? The offset grind sounds good but a lot of work. Then you run into the intake manifold and water cross-over fitment problems...
I hoping to get about .020"-.025" longer stroke, so the piston will move up .010"-.012" higher in the bore. I facts you might not need to mill the piston if the head gasket thick enough (.055" stock thickness) and it would raise the compression ratio, currently the stock piston deck height is 0.00". I've seen other engine with a piston deck height above 0" because of the gasket providing clearance. They did this because they needed more space for the top land and using a short piston pin height.

The intake flange on the head will need to be milled to allow the intake manifold to sit properly. This way the heads and intake manifold can be swapped with another block.