View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2014, 04:58 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 1502 Fenderside
Foley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Patina Trucks" in the group

So here is ol' Dudley. A 1964 1500 stepper. Followed me home one day last year after quietly sitting in the original families barn for 23 years. Doesn't run, no brakes, not hardly a square inch on it that isn't beat up or dinged. It has 3 different wheel sizes on it but good glass, no rust, and truly a good ol' ranch work truck. I'd say therez a little patina goin' on here. I was able to get a good, complete set of 16" wheels/tires from Funky61, and with the help of other forum guys I've got a deal going with a guy in Missouri to get a nice set of hub caps that will fit those wheels. Found a decent tail gate at a local swap meet, hoping to get a good rear bumper from Bob C. later on, and an original oil bath air cleaner came from DAC when we passed thru South Dakota last week. He found it in a salvage yard last winter, cleaned it up, and stored it under his bed untill I could get there. Slowly working to gather other odds and ends that the truck needs. I'll post a couple of pix about what I found when I crawled underneath this ol' dog to change his oil after all those years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64 GMC2.JPG (1.36 MB, Multiple views, 16 clicks)
File Type: jpg 64 GMC3.JPG (1.54 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg 64 GMC5.JPG (1.33 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)