6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion
#Sponsored

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old July 8th, 2024, 05:40 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visiting the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowbar View Post
Always nice when someone ruins the thread for all of us...

Anyway, plans sure have changed. Not because of your suggestions, though. Was hoping to go this summer but couldn't find a suitable place to stay.
That doesn't mean the end of it all.

As a Christian, I wanted to combine growing in faith with a visit in the USA.
Right now I'm applying to to a DTS (Discipleship Training School) with the organization YWAM (Youth With A Mission)
Planning to do this in the state Wyoming, a state that really has grown on me. The date is in the Spring of 2025, i.e. 5 months, starting March 2025.
After that we'll see what happens...

Hope you're all doing well!
Wyoming???? Get a rope!

J/K! Wyoming is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I just went there on vacation. Let the kids ski their little frozen butts off. They loved it.

The biggest problem with Wyoming you need to watch out for are the roads in the winter, and if you're in a remote area, food costs. You can hit the brakes lightly and skid 100 ft easy on some of those frozen roads. You have zero control.
Other than that, 100% support Wyoming as a destination. Excellent choice!

If you decide to create a business of some kind, they're also VERY business friendly. Let us know when you hit the states! I'll send you a little donation to fill your belly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Prowbar (July 9th, 2024)
Old July 9th, 2024, 12:02 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 1002 GMC V6-305E
LEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enoughLEWISMATKIN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Snyder View Post
Same as it ever was. The left keeps insisting we have a Democracy when in fact it's a Republic. I'll be eternally grateful that our Founding Fathers 248 years ago were vastly more intelligent than today's politicians.
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old July 9th, 2024, 11:15 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I would urge everyone to speak their mind regardless, because it's America and conversations are how we solve problems.

And don't start with the "kOnViKtEd fElOn" nonsense, we all know Mr. 10% for the Big Guy is ripe for picking.
The "Big Guy" should join the Burlington L*ars club. He'd be a perfect fit. Every time that he opens his mouth, a new "tall tale" comes out of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to George Bongert For This Useful Post:
FetchMeAPepsi (July 9th, 2024)
Old July 9th, 2024, 04:47 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
Wyoming???? Get a rope!

J/K! Wyoming is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I just went there on vacation. Let the kids ski their little frozen butts off. They loved it.

The biggest problem with Wyoming you need to watch out for are the roads in the winter, and if you're in a remote area, food costs. You can hit the brakes lightly and skid 100 ft easy on some of those frozen roads. You have zero control.
Other than that, 100% support Wyoming as a destination. Excellent choice!

If you decide to create a business of some kind, they're also VERY business friendly. Let us know when you hit the states! I'll send you a little donation to fill your belly!
Appreciate it! I'll keep you updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prowbar For This Useful Post:
FetchMeAPepsi (July 9th, 2024)