6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old August 4th, 2019, 04:52 AM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Club Update

Hello Members!

As many of you have noticed, we're experiencing growing pains from user growth and all of the content (picture) hosting. This has been especially visible recently as our server has hit storage capacity several times. This was expected. To better handle subscriber and content growth in the future, we will be moving our site to a larger, more capable server in the coming days, as my health permits.

This move will also allow us to upgrade our software in the coming weeks which will improve the look and feel of our forum experience. This will also allow us to keep up with the latest security trends without having to manually code them into older software.

If you find that you are unable to access the server this weekend please try again in a few minutes. I expect the move to be largely seamless to our members but as we are all aware, things do not always progress as you would like them to in life.

With regard to the software, I may need a few volunteers to test the upgrades for bugs as we're sorting out the myriad of changes that have occurred since the forum's inception over the next 2 weeks. This will largely consist of navigating the site, uploading files, and trying to break things as you find spare time throughout the day. If this sounds like something you would enjoy, let me know.

Have a great weekend!

-Jeannie

6066 GMC Club
Old August 5th, 2019, 01:14 AM

Truck: Drove and Owned Many
BillT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Club Update

I sure hope this upgrade goes better than last time. Many of us were shut out for months. I believe I was out for 6-8 Months. The worst part was finding a way to communicate. Although I sure tried, it took a long time to finally find a way. Then strangely the site just started working again.

-'60 GMC 2500 Dump, 305 V-6
-'62 GMC 4000 Flatbed, 305 V-6
-'62 GMC 6500 Flatbed Dump, 478 V-6
-'67 GMC 7500 Box, 6V-53 Detroit
-'71 GMC 9500 Flatbed Dump, 637 V-8
Old August 5th, 2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillT View Post
I sure hope this upgrade goes better than last time. Many of us were shut out for months. I believe I was out for 6-8 Months. The worst part was finding a way to communicate. Although I sure tried, it took a long time to finally find a way. Then strangely the site just started working again.
Hi Bill!

I'm not aware of anything that would have prevented you from viewing the site during the first six months after the move, but I am glad you are back with us. In the future you can send an email to the club if anything similar happens and I will get you squared away.

The first portion of the move is now complete. If you experience any errors or site issues please report them along with the page you were trying to view and what you were doing when the error occurred.

The second phase has started on the testing platform, but this portion requires upgrades to our backend, database, and frontend. It will be a longer process. I will post an alert before it is released to better make our members aware of the changes.

Have a great day!

-Jeannie

6066 GMC Club
Old August 7th, 2019, 02:07 AM

Truck: 1967 EM4500
Nate is on a distinguished road

I was also out for 6-8 months, I thought the problem was on my end. It's nice to be back. I seldom post but I enjoy the pics and conversation and the GMC club is my information library.Keep up the good work

Last edited by Nate; August 7th, 2019 at 02:28 AM.
Old August 8th, 2019, 04:56 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice

Hello,
Happy to be a guinea pig.

Regards,
James McLendon
Old August 10th, 2019, 11:37 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like I missed some stuff! I'm not on as much anymore because I'm learning how to build houses, but I'd be happy to break stuff if you still need help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old January 1st, 2020, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmclendon View Post
Hello,
Happy to be a guinea pig.

Regards,
James McLendon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
Looks like I missed some stuff! I'm not on as much anymore because I'm learning how to build houses, but I'd be happy to break stuff if you still need help!
After several months of working on the software portion I have a working prototype if you two are still available for testing. Send me a PM for further instructions.

Here's to a great New Year!

-Jeannie

6066 GMC Club
Old January 6th, 2020, 06:52 PM

Truck: 1964
joedirt is on a distinguished road

I can help out if needed as well
Old January 8th, 2020, 02:49 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

PM sent. i'm not on as much lately but I will be once I get my other projects whittled down.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 12:11 AM
-= Extreme Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 2wd
James will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enoughJames will become famous soon enough

Have you have any problems with billing the membership. I had to pay 6 days early cause I wasn't able to make a new post. My anniversary is 9/27.