6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Other Rides and Projects

Other Rides and Projects Working on another year GMC? Maybe a Chevy, Dodge, F*rd, or even refinishing cabinets? Share your progress or start a build thread and let members follow along!

Old June 27th, 2023, 01:57 PM

Truck: 1963 GMC
JMack is on a distinguished road
Default 53 bel air convertible

Just joined your site to learn about this new to us 1963 GMC pickup we bought for my wife.
The site says I need to make a post to introduce myself and this looks like as good of a spot as any, my name is Jim Mack and I'm currently working on a 1953 convertible to take the grandbabies to car shows with us.

More info here:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Thanks for having me, I'm sure I'll spend quite a bit of time on 6066GMC club once we start working on the pickup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230506_124948.jpg (3.32 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg 1682978212-20230428_091701.jpg (1.28 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
Old June 27th, 2023, 02:48 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 53 bel air convertible

Quote:
Just joined your site to learn about this new to us 1963 GMC pickup we bought for my wife.
The site says I need to make a post to introduce myself and this looks like as good of a spot as any, my name is Jim Mack and I'm currently working on a 1953 convertible to take the grandbabies to car shows with us.

More info here:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Thanks for having me, I'm sure I'll spend quite a bit of time on 6066GMC club once we start working on the pickup.
A wife that likes pickups? Talk about your unicorns! Better hold tight to that one, Jim

Got any good pics of her new truck? We're animals for pictures here.

Oh, and welcome to the club!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 27th, 2023, 07:48 PM

She is definitely a keeper..

We parked her new pickup in the house garage until the 53 is finished and we have some space and time to work on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230626_112347.jpg (795.9 KB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg Attach0_20230622_193303.jpg (829.4 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
Old June 28th, 2023, 10:52 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Easy solution - Sell that old 53 and get to working on her truck!

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old June 29th, 2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Easy solution - Sell that old 53 and get to working on her truck!

Yeah I'm between a rock and a hard place with that one..
We just sold one of our two seat cars to build a four seat car because she wants to start including the grandbabies in some of our outings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side-2.jpg (2.69 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
Old June 29th, 2023, 03:14 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Can't argue that point. Well, I guess a lot of grandbabies will fit in the bed of a truck, but that's probably not what she meant