6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old July 6th, 2014, 02:54 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1000 series fenderside
sclor is on a distinguished road
Default Let's hear it for the Red, White and Blue!

First for all of the folks on here who served in our Armed Forces, thank you for your service to our country!

Second, to celebrate the Red, White and Blue, how about a few pictures this July 4? This is my new 351E as she lowers into my 1966 over the weekend. First fire should be any day now. Hope you enjoy.
regards,
Steve
New Orleans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMC 111.jpg (1.13 MB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
File Type: jpg GMC 113.jpg (1.24 MB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)
Old July 6th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's hear it for the Red, White and Blue!

That looks good. It was a motor installing weekend for some. Vern here in the Northwest got his 292 dropped in. A few hours to go to get it running.
Old July 6th, 2014, 06:27 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclor View Post
First for all of the folks on here who served in our Armed Forces, thank you for your service to our country!

Second, to celebrate the Red, White and Blue, how about a few pictures this July 4? This is my new 351E as she lowers into my 1966 over the weekend. First fire should be any day now. Hope you enjoy.
regards,
Steve
New Orleans
Steve, good looking Red, White, and Blue in your 1966 and 351E.

Attached photo is of Red, White, and Blue air bursts and Friendship of Salem (Mass.) by Mark Krasnow Photography by way of WoodenBoat. Reminds me of wooden ships and iron men with whom I was fortunate to serve.

Good luck as your 351E makes fire. I'm probably not the only one who would like to be there but would settle for a short video with sounds of victory and smiles of joy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (207.7 KB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
Old July 6th, 2014, 09:06 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclor View Post

regards,
Steve
New Orleans
Freshly painted truck, freshly painted engine. All American Steel. Now that's what I call a celebration!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:14 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1000 series fenderside
sclor is on a distinguished road

Well guys, thanks for the good wishes. Got first fire today. A bit of fiddling with the distributor, a bit of gas to prime the carburetor, and she lives. Only problem was after a few minutes, I had a puddle of oil on the ground! Fortunately, it was only the plastic oil line (stratoflex) that I used for the mechanical oil pressure guage. It looks like it came in contact with the exhaust manifold since I hadn't tie wrapped it down. Fortunately a small set back. It is amazing how much oil an 1/8" line can put out when it is under 60 psi. Back to auto parts store tomorrow for some more tubing and I should be ready to reinstall the front end and have a drive! Sorry, but I was working alone and didn't have the time for a video...
Regards,
Steve
New Orleans