6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old January 10th, 2014, 06:18 PM

Truck: 1966 1000 Custom
Onuma is on a distinguished road
Default Court Date for my '66

Monday I go to court to testify against the neighbor lady who smashed the glass on my truck. The first court date was in July where the lady did not show up; second was in November where she requested a public attorney; Monday will [hopefully] finalize this once-and-for-all.

I really hope it is all settled and I can get my restitution money. It'll run a local restoration shop about $500 to fix the windshield, but I think I'll have them check a couple of other minor things in the meanwhile, just in case. I'm no professional mechanic, so it couldn't hurt to have those guys take a gander.

You can see here that she shattered the driver's door glass completely. What you can't see is that a couple of weeks later she put a brick through the original windshield!

Wish me luck!
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:57 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 Suburban 1962 GMC Utility
Funky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really niceFunky61 is just really nice
Default Re: Court Date for my '66

Good luck in court and may she default and have a judgment against her for doing the Jimmy like that. I rest my case.
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:29 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Well that's a crappy thing to do. What made her mad at your truck? Have you guys always been fighting?

I have neighbors I like and neighbors I don't, but it's never been less than cordial even when I can't stand them. We still say "Hi" and "G'mornin". If it was bad like that I'd have to move.

Another worry is that once you win, she'll claim bankruptcy then just do it again.

People are awful.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old January 10th, 2014, 09:24 PM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

I just don't get what so many people are thinking. Seems like striking out at anything that is not in direct agreement or interest is common anymore. Too much time on their hands? Stress from the economy? Mom and Dad spanked them? There's always an excuse.

I sure hope you get a settlement done here but in the meantime she's still a loose cannon neighbor. I just thought of a video I saw once somewhere a long time ago of a creep caught on a security camera trying to break a window in a car. He threw a brick at the window a couple times and it just deflected off. Finally he threw it at the right angle where it bounced off and hit him in the head knocking him cold!

Wouldn't that be the best "what goes around comes around" scenario for your old GMC---LOL!!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday
Old January 15th, 2014, 08:30 AM

Update: I received $527 in restitution money!!

Oh no, it's nothing as explainable as "We had a disagreement, she smashed my truck."

This lady is certifiably bats*** crazy. I was allegedly "the ringleader of an occultist, satanist group who tried to use black magic to harm her". Not joking; that was her testimony to both the magistrate AND the county judge.

At least she plead guilty. I just wish it didn't take 8 months to get my money and be done with all of this.
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! That's a crazy story right there. Glad you got some $$ out of the deal. Often they'll dummy up and file bankruptcy to keep from paying. How old is the lady?

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:48 AM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough

Greetings Fellow Club Members!

Although I don't know any particulars of the case, if I were the judge in this situation, and it was within my discretion, she would definitely be paying a hefty fine, and spending some time in jail as well as paying the cost of the replacement of the broken windshield and side glass! It seems people just don't have respect for other folks property anymore, and it's time to stiffen the penalties for the numbskulls committing these types of hijinks! Maybe, just maybe, if they get hit hard enough in the wallet and have to spend some time in jail they'll get the message that their behavior will not be tolerated! There! I feel better now that I've blown off a little steam!
Old April 25th, 2014, 11:44 PM

Update:

New glass front & side.
New gas tank; pinholes from rust in the bottom, leaked like a sieve
New (to her) rebuilt carb on the now-identified 1977 305 V8 engine
New leaf spring brackets where someone had taken a grinder to the old ones! You could, quite literally, lift the cut bracket off the leaf spring. There was only 1 half-cut bracket holding it all together.

She's a lot of work, but I don't feel any need to rush things along. I'm just glad I got to keep her, due to some extenuating circumstances arising with home repairs. Replacing a the main sewer drain from your house all the way to the county line runs about $7k in these parts

Next up: On Monday I'll be taking the front/left fender to the auto lab (at my school; I'm currently taking an auto body welding class) and replacing a rotting lower section, as well as straightening up the tailgate hooks with a torch & hammer. How those got so bent up in the first place is a mystery, but I'll chalk it up to the teenager who used to own this thing.

Oh, and someone had decided to use the hood as a deck for spray painting some parts...black. That's why that mess is there
Aside from that, she's running & driving well. The new carb is great; IIRC it's a rochester dualjet.