6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old April 5th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default New driver born 4-3-98

Well the boy hit 16. And his first drive as an independent driver was with the 65 with the 305 and 420 trans. Actually he is out tonight with this rig. So the next generation in Barry land is running the v6 as a daily driver. I will post some pics of the boy with the truck tomorrow. He really likes the suicide knob on the wheel. How many drivers even know what that is? Boy O boy fun times ahead. Barry.
Old April 5th, 2014, 03:42 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New driver born 4-3-98

Great job handing down the tradition! Cant wait to see some pics

And I do know what a "suicide knob" is, but we didn't call them that. I went into the auto parts store and had trouble trying to figure out how to ask for one when I bought Cecilia. Everyone being PC nowadays lol. I did end up getting one, but it didn't fit the skinny steering wheel so it's taking up space in the cabinet now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old April 5th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Banned

Well the old loggers I knew called em that. All of the old gassers hauling a 80,000 pound load of logs out of the mountains From 5000 feet to sea level with manual steering and a 5 plus 4.paid by the board foot per day. Crazy guys. Barry. Ps the only loggers are from wash, ore , and Alaska .
Old April 5th, 2014, 04:47 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
Well the old loggers I knew called em that. All of the old gassers hauling a 80,000 pound load of logs out of the mountains From 5000 feet to sea level with manual steering and a 5 plus 4.paid by the board foot per day. Crazy guys. Barry. Ps the only loggers are from wash, ore , and Alaska .
That ain't right, Paw Paw!

If you watch Axe Men you cant miss Shelby Stanga from deep in the bowels of Louisiana. I never miss an episode, but you're right. The real logging is done in Washington and Alaska. Shelby's just a recovery guy.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old April 5th, 2014, 10:03 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1961 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup
Culver Adams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
Well the boy hit 16. And his first drive as an independent driver was with the 65 with the 305 and 420 trans. Actually he is out tonight with this rig. So the next generation in Barry land is running the v6 as a daily driver. I will post some pics of the boy with the truck tomorrow. He really likes the suicide knob on the wheel. How many drivers even know what that is? Boy O boy fun times ahead. Barry.
Hi Barry and Barry's Son,

I can still hear the single thud as multiple parents put their foot (feet) down. It was their way of reinforcing the verbal, "No," in response to my suggestion that I mount--at no cost to the parents--a necker (oops, steering leverage assist) knob on their steering wheel. That might be why my pockets were permanently bulged--from carrying both necker knob and screwdriver. I wanted to be ready when the moment arrived. I suspected, at age sixteen, it wouldn't be soon, but prayers were answered as time inched along until, at age much later, a young lady eased left across the bench seat and I stealthily placed my right arm around her shoulder. In hopes this might be the most joyful experience of her life since winning "best decorated bike" award in the July Fourth Parade, I tried to keep my arm in firm (as in reassuring), but light (as in caring), contact with her shoulder: I certainly did not want to be heavy handed. This worked pretty well for about three city blocks. As my arm and shoulder fell asleep, all I could feel was tingling nerves. I was pretty sure all she could feel was an oak log bouncing up and down on her shoulder in perfect time to pavement imperfections. I would like to have known a cool move for extracting my arm. I didn't. I became nervous. When it came to sharing worry with a lady with whom I might later want to fall in love, my training was less than exemplary. It was nil. I've been known to perspire. I did that.

The necker knob was worth every penny and all those punched out pockets. I didn't get close to sharing worry. We did laugh at right-arm-falling-asleep disease. We may have briefly hugged. We didn't do any necking that night.

Regards,

Culver
Old April 6th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Banned

That's a cool story Culver. We need to hear more from you. And some pics of the truck. Well here is the boy heading out. Soccer and girls and an old gmc. And the am radio playing classic country.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (159.7 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
Old April 6th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Banned

Forgot one. Oops.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (257.4 KB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
Old April 6th, 2014, 08:01 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

History repeating! I hope he's soaking up the know-how too. he's got a real piece of history there!

Old April 10th, 2014, 03:52 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1/2 Ton
Vern is on a distinguished road

Hey Barry, you want to adopt me? I'm a little old, but that's a sweet truck. I hope it's playing Willie, Waylon, and the boys.
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Banned

Happy Easter everyone. Some of you may recall my oldest aka the beat queen and her cross country trip last fall. She planned and executed a trip via amtrak from here to Cali and across the country through Chicago and into New York. And back. And by herself. We provided no money. Only a good upbringing. Well now the boy is off this fine spring afternoon. Heading 70 miles north into the selkirks for a hike into a small mountain lake and some camping and cutt throat fishing. He has a good 10 mile primitive mountain road in all of its early spring challenges. Now in this wimpified age we live in he could not get a friend to go. So off he goes alone. Well rugged individualism is live and well in Barry land.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.96 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)