6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Builds and Journals

Builds and Journals This is where the magic happens. Photograph & document your GMC build progress for posterity.
NOTICE - Photobucket will delete your pics after a time. Use another host if possible.

Old May 30th, 2015, 03:02 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got the steering wheel installed

Hey Jake, Is Canyon Blue a GMC color from another year? Wherever it is from, it sure pops against the Olympic White. Nice contrast. GM
Old June 2nd, 2015, 04:14 AM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough

Technically, it's a '61 shade of blue, it seemed to look better than the varsity
Old June 4th, 2015, 06:52 PM

Vernski is on a distinguished road

Hi Jake that wheel looks great with that beautiful dash and gauges you got a winner there. I spent 6 1/2 years on mine but there are always the little things
I would like to improve on some, so I guess you never get done. What's your latest cigar? enjoy one for me...Vernski

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Old June 9th, 2015, 04:43 AM

jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough

I grabbed a cigar.com special nothing to write home about.
Old July 4th, 2015, 04:08 PM

Default Working on the ground straps

Made up some ground straps over the past several days. Put some of them on the truck yesterday. I ordered the heavy duty ones from LMC and as II do not have the heavy duty crimper. I crimped, soldered, and used heat shrink on the smaller ones. I ordered a roll of the copper 10 gauge braided ground strap from NAPA. Connector are from HomeDepot and you get 15 to a pack for $2.99.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (3.33 MB, Multiple views, 14 clicks)

Last edited by jbgroby; July 5th, 2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old July 4th, 2015, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Working on the ground straps

Number 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (3.37 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
Old July 4th, 2015, 04:12 PM

Number 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (3.27 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
Old July 4th, 2015, 04:14 PM

Number 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (3.07 MB, Multiple views, 14 clicks)
Old July 6th, 2015, 07:50 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

Another option.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Old July 9th, 2015, 03:12 PM

Default LOVE in a Box

I call this post ‘Love in a Box’.

Got into the office this morning and found a lovely little oblong box just waiting for me to rip it apart – as I knew what pretty thing was inside longing for me to lovingly caress the long cool metal frame and gaze through the clear glass….. OK ENOUGH WITH THE BULLS**T……..

I bit the bullet earlier this month and decided to order the new aftermarket replacement vent window assemble. Try as I might I can’t quite get my rubber to sit right – and you KNOW how I am with the little details.

I’ve seen other posts over the past year or so waiting for some poor lonely trucker to take the plunge. SO I’m posting the pictures for your review of what I believe is a well-made and quality product. I have been wanting to do this for about a year now and after fighting to get my vents assembled - I gave up. (FYI I have a set of Vent windows as extras if anyone needs them)

I was crusin’ eBay last month and saw where the Truck and Car Shop listed the driver’s side vent assembly online for $210.00 + $27.00 shipping with Buy It Now. That was at least $60 cheaper than anywhere else I’ve found.

The vent assembly is shipped in its own box VERY well protected box. I’ve worked the vent handle and it is very well fitted (no wobble or looseness). The glass channel run comes with the felt already fitted and installed. The spring assembly is well built with the proper spacers/washers and pivots smoothly.

I’ll order another next month if I’m not sleeping on the couch this month with vent assembly for company, as my wife calls the truck “The Other Woman” .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Well protected.jpg (3.68 MB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)
File Type: jpg inboard.jpg (3.81 MB, Multiple views, 10 clicks)
File Type: jpg Spring Assembly.jpg (3.75 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg channel felt.jpg (4.54 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)