6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old September 19th, 2013, 09:41 PM

Truck: 62 3/4ton 305 Hydramatic
tommyduncan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Redding Mini Meet II?

Las Vegas, NV
10 hours 15 mins
Redding, CA
646.2 mi

1300÷8mpg=162.5x$3.50(average price of gas)=$568

That's a haul!

I guess I better get busy with rear end gears and wide band tuning... and maybe new stereo...and tires...and front end alignment... and new hoses and belts...and I better check the brakes...

you are talking April of 2014, right?

That's a little over 6 months... no problem!
Old September 20th, 2013, 12:11 AM

Truck: 1963 fenderside pickup
BobC is on a distinguished road

Yep, last Sunday in April, unless someone has a better date for attending "Kool April Nights" and a mini meet? It would either be that Sunday (April 27 2013) afternoon or Friday afternoon Apr.25? There is a city car parade Friday evening with a lot of vintage cars if anyone is interested in that, (I'm not, lol) Not looking for commitment, just interest. Even if it's just 2 or 3 trucks I would do it....
Old September 24th, 2013, 03:51 AM

Truck: 62 1000
Rick is on a distinguished road

Hi Bob,

I have no problem attending your UP-COMING meet in Redding. My problem is as follows: You post a meet, that is great. Many members say they "might" attend. From my experience NONE of the "might attend" members attend. If they will not commit ahead of time, they will not attend. I did 2 meets, in the Sacramento area. I paid for most everything, yet I was only able to get 4 or 5 members to attend. Many said they would, few did.
I WILL attend your meet if you schedule it early. Very few others will make that commitment. Let me know, as again, I say "I would like at least 3 other GMC's to attend.

Rick Rusconi
62 1000 series 401
Old March 23rd, 2014, 04:49 AM

Well April is quickly approaching and of course I'm busier than ever trying to prepare my 63 for the event (almost done). Kool April Nights here in Redding, CA is April 19th to Sunday April 27th. http://koolaprilnites.com/ The show is over about noon on the 27th. and I am proposing meeting at the Civic Auditorium where the show will be unfolding about 1pm that day. I will probably be attending several show and shines everyday between April 19th and the 25th.. Afterwards we can either meet at a near by park for a bbq or might be easier at my backyard for a bbq? The Civic is huge and we should be able to still park on the lawn for a group picture. I would imagine we could stay there till at least by 5 if not later. it's open 24/7. Any Thoughts???
Old March 23rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1965, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about

Meeting at the Civic Auditorium at 1 PM on Sunday, April 27th, sounds good to me, Bob. See you then.

I just noticed Fetch posted a picture of Uncle Si back on page 1 of this thread. "Hey -- that's what I'm talkin bout".
Uncle Si was born the same day I was.

Alright, Rick from Elk Grove and the rest of you Kalifornians -- time to commit!
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1965 2500 Suburban 351C & SM420 with Watson overdrive
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435
Old March 25th, 2014, 05:11 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 1502 Fenderside
Foley is on a distinguished road

I will come Bob. Just tell me what time and what location. My 64 fenderside won't be able to make it, but I'd like to be there and meet folks. And just like Ed from Oreee-gone, I won't be putting any conditions on what your trying to do. tks,

The other Bob C.
Old March 25th, 2014, 05:24 PM

Great Bob, You will be#5 attending (including myself). We are all going to meet at the Redding Civic center at @ 1:00pm on Sunday April 27th. The car show will be dismantling by then and we should all be able to park on the lawn directly in front of the water fountain for a picture (wish you could bring your truck). Ed Snyder and I go way back and have meet several times at the car show, it's a pretty good show (huge). I will be participating for the first time this year so if you come on Saturday make sure to look for me, hopefully my truck should stand out. Sunday after pictures we can meet at my house or the park for bbq. I'll supply hamburgers, beer & soft drinks.
Old March 25th, 2014, 05:44 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Great Bob, You will be#5 attending (including myself). We are all going to meet at the Redding Civic center at @ 1:00pm on Sunday April 27th. The car show will be dismantling by then and we should all be able to park on the lawn directly in front of the water fountain for a picture (wish you could bring your truck). Ed Snyder and I go way back and have meet several times at the car show, it's a pretty good show (huge). I will be participating for the first time this year so if you come on Saturday make sure to look for me, hopefully my truck should stand out. Sunday after pictures we can meet at my house or the park for bbq. I'll supply hamburgers, beer & soft drinks.

I'm going to disassemble and fedex Cecilia's parts out to you guys and you can help me put her back together, bigger....stronger....faster.....

We have the technology! but maybe we need a few dozen more Pepsi's!

Sounds like a fun one guys. Please post some pics when you're done for us homebodies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old March 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM

Talking Re: Redding Mini Meet II?

Thought I would show a picture of what I would be wearing at the car show so that you would recognize that it's me LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0604.JPG (3.91 MB, Multiple views, 2 clicks)
File Type: jpg DSCF0605.JPG (2.51 MB, Multiple views, 2 clicks)
Old March 25th, 2014, 07:52 PM

Talking Re: Redding Mini Meet II?

Redding's First GMC mini meet 10 years ago!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023_21.JPG (924.0 KB, Multiple views, 12 clicks)
File Type: jpg 032_29A.JPG (342.3 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)