6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Closed Thread

Old November 12th, 2014, 05:51 PM

Truck: 1964 4 x 4 Panel
ron david is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rare 62 Factory Built Crew Cab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R Leifheit View Post
What's the VIN?
I would have to go over there to check it out David
ron
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:54 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

Ron, differences are differences. He listed more than just knobs. To focus on just the knobs is just to argue. A collection of differences is important to the discussion that is partly about the DIFFERENCES in US and Can. To dismiss a part of the differences instead of acknowledging the whole collection (and there seems to be even more examples) is an ignorant and rude way for a 15 post Jr. to present. When folks have studied GMC's a long time and hear new info, they don't just fall in love with you, they want proof so that the group, you have chosen to join, can be sure it's not just WIKI crap.
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R Leifheit View Post
Well, since GMCs in the US didn't come with I6 engines stock, or at all in the early years, that would be one large difference.
Suspension, axles, and a number of small parts as well.
Also came off different assembly lines (for the most part)
Canadian GMCs were build by GM of Canada, just as the Canadian Chevrolets were, using the same line and parts.
David; what was this page that Jolly had listed on his site?
http://6066gmcguy.com/Inline6.html
ron
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
Ron, differences are differences. He listed more than just knobs. To focus on just the knobs is just to argue. A collection of differences is important to the discussion that is partly about the DIFFERENCES in US and Can. To dismiss a part of the differences instead of acknowledging the whole collection (and there seems to be even more examples) is an ignorant and rude way for a 15 post Jr. to present. When folks have studied GMC's a long time and hear new info, they don't just fall in love with you, they want proof so that the group, you have chosen to join, can be sure it's not just WIKI crap.
I have more than likely been around here a lot longer than you have; I just haven't bothered posting that much since the changeover. I had used he moniker "sidworks" before the change and the name didn't seem to follow over so I lost interest for awhile.
I did work on them in the 60's and currently have had my 64 GMC 910 4 x 4 panel for 24 years and have had others, so I am really not ignorant of thye fact. but if as you say one must speak a lot to be knowledgable is pretty ignorant. you should never presume anything.
ron
believe that I started posting here in 05

Last edited by ron david; November 12th, 2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:18 PM

AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice

Nice to have you back. I'm an actual Jr.

Last edited by AZKen; November 12th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
I'll break down sentence structure for you also, My sentence, without modifiers, says: "To dismiss a part of the differences instead of acknowledging the whole collection is ignorant and rude....." nothing about "speak a lot". BTW, you,ve "been around a lot longer" ? what are you presuming from that? Knowledge? correctness? don't need documentation? expert on everything?
I see that you are not comprehending what you read. I stated; I have more than likely been around here a lot longer than you have. the more than likely takes away the presumption, just in case
please read what is in front of you before you spout and comprehend
cheers
ron
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:29 PM

I did reconsider and change my post, but you are too "quick" for me. (read: hot head). We are the same age so you haven't been around anywhere longer than me.

Last edited by AZKen; November 12th, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:46 PM

see you are still not comprehending what was written. I wasn't talking about age ,we were discussing the length of time around this forum. now I see that you are calling me names but I won't step a low as you
you're not having senior moments are you?
ron
Old November 12th, 2014, 07:21 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough

"wonder who is cloning who
what you guys seem to say is that the US is the world leader in everything".
ron

OK, so General Motors in a North American automobile manufacturer with plants and lots of satisfied customers in Canada; it is not the opposite - a Canadian company with lots of satisfied customers in the U.S. so if your view is that GM vehicles are superior to that of Canadian auto makers then yes, you can add GM vehicles to the list of things the U.S. seems to be the world leader in.

GM decided that for cost reasons among other things, that it would borrow from the Chevrolet division its cabs, bodies and frames & drivetrains to use as GMC models in Canada. Guage clusters and dashes are all Chevrolet design from the 50's and 60's. Eaton rear ends instead of Dana's, coil springs vs leafs - every difference between the two makes had between them here basically. the GMC name was added to badging, instruments cluster bezels, etc but the trucks were indeed mostly Chevrolet in Canada. No Pontiac V8's in Canadian 55-59 trucks either so same story there.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)
Old November 12th, 2014, 07:31 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron david View Post
my 65 Canadian built 1/2t p/u GMC had leaf springs
ron
Leaf springs were a factory installed option on all 60's Chevrolet trucks despite rumors this is not true; you just seldom see one. I have a 66 Chevy truck now that came with them. So your 65 GMC built in Canada was probably special ordered with the leafs, because 99% of the other Canadian GMC's that rolled off that line got standard coils.

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)
Closed Thread