6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Sit down and chat with fellow members! Any topics that don't fit other categories goes here.

Old December 7th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Banned

Truck: None. Sold them all and became a hermit.
BarryGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Soccer

So since I started a thread on the cold I thought I would share a crazy cold story. Saturday dec 7. FC Spokane boys U 16 play Tynecastle @ 6:00 under the lights at Spokane falls cc. Tynecastle travels from the Seattle area to play sat and Sunday in Spokane. Game time temps are forecast to be 2 degrees. So Barry and Luann will be sitting in the cold watching the boy play tomorrow. Luann actually has a ticket to the Gonzaga men's basket ball game with beer and food. Blankety blank crazy.
Old December 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM

Truck: '63 K1000, '66 C4000
Rockdriller is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soccer

When I was a youngster, growing up on a homestead....in a little community called Kenny Lake, Ak, our youth hockey team had a scheduled game against our neighbors (50 miles away) in Gakona.
As they didn't cancel school or school activities 'til it was beyond -50 degrees, and it was just shy of -50....we played.
The ice at that temperature is so hard that no matter how sharp yer skates are, it's almost impossible to hook up...and your skates fit tight even with one pair of socks...so your feet are numb before the first period is over.
Ahhh, that was the life.
I'll bet there were a lot of parents wishing we had cancelled. It never came to mind that my Dad was freezing his ***** off too.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:24 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1/2 Ton
Vern is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soccer

The hockey rink in Moscow is a "covered outdoor" rink. One night I took a drink from a plastic water bottle and it shattered in my hands like glass.