6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical

Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical Everything Inside

Old April 6th, 2022, 04:35 AM

Truck: 1966 4000 Dump Truck
animalsservicar is on a distinguished road
Default 66 4000 stereo install

I'm hoping to finally get some tunes in my truck after I get the radiator fixed .
Where are you folks mounting your speakers in these trucks . I was thinking about the doors , but not a fan of the speaker wire hanging between the door & the Jam . How have you folks been handeling this ?
thanks
animalsservicar
Old April 6th, 2022, 11:56 AM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 66 4000 stereo install

Animalsservicar

I wanted the OEM look so I had the GMC factory radio upgraded to 4 channel and 100watt output with FM/iPOD and a sub-wolfer output, I'll probably never use it.

I bought a dual cone speaker for the dash space like factory (70 watts) and a bought a King Floor Console from Cupholersplus.com. place the console on the transmission tunnel and adjust (bend) the malleable side brackets to the contour of the transmission hump in your truck. The side panels do come with hidden speaker cut outs for mounting your own 6.5" speakers.

Because I wear hearing aids, I'm into quality not quantity, I contacted my ear doc and asked what range freq. my hearing aids are set at and used that to help buy the best speakers.

Rockford-Fosgate has a line of speakers which you can select from based on the frequency range you need. I bought 2 6 1/2 speakers and fitted them to my console. A neat thing I learned was because the console has storage where the speakers mount, this area acts like a sub-woofer chamber and helps with bass. I used RCA plug qiuck disconnects - so If I enter a show that judges on "Antique OEM" I simply unplug the console and tuck away the speaker leads.

The company offers 48 different colors, you visit their website, check off what color you think match, they mail you FREE samples and once you have the right color pick from they series, they make so bother hump and seat style incase you have a floor shifter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCS1.jpg (369.2 KB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
File Type: jpg NCS2.jpg (86.0 KB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg FCS.jpg (171.5 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
Old April 6th, 2022, 01:36 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light

I never had any need for more speakers than the center one in the dash. I did have to upgrade the radio, but I just did a rebuild and not a full on upgrade like Groby did. I like the look of that center console quite a bit though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
Old April 7th, 2022, 03:48 AM

Truck: 1966 4000 Dump Truck
animalsservicar is on a distinguished road

Thanks . My truck has a pretty busy center floor , shifter , parking brake , power take off lever & dump bed lever .
thanks
animalsservicar