6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club Bitcoin now accepted here! 
Pay Dues
Pay Dues or become a Site Supporter

Go Back   6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club > 6066 GMC Truck Club Forum > Wheels, Tires, Suspension and Brakes

Wheels, Tires, Suspension and Brakes Keep them doggies rollin', rawhide

Old December 12th, 2018, 02:34 PM

Truck: 1962 1000 Series
Zahmin is on a distinguished road
Cool Any interest in a tutorial on a column swap?

Just finished a Frankenstein column for my 62 due to needing a new turn signal switch and the 62 switch not existing anywhere. Went with a 67 column in order to use a standard GM turn signal switch. Whole thing cost me $200, but I also replaced the switch, wheel hub, and rag joint at the same time. If this piques your interest, leave a comment and I will put together a basic tutorial.
Old December 13th, 2018, 03:57 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any interest in a tutorial on a column swap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahmin View Post
Just finished a Frankenstein column for my 62 due to needing a new turn signal switch and the 62 switch not existing anywhere. Went with a 67 column in order to use a standard GM turn signal switch. Whole thing cost me $200, but I also replaced the switch, wheel hub, and rag joint at the same time. If this piques your interest, leave a comment and I will put together a basic tutorial.

Do you mean the lever isn't available or the little plastic cam inside isn't available? Because the cam is definitely still available and made for several vehicles. Here's a link to the cams on ebay for future reference.

Either way, I'd like to see the write up! Especially since it covers the other parts of the wheel too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.

Last edited by FetchMeAPepsi; December 13th, 2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:06 PM

Truck: 1962 1000 Series
Zahmin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any interest in a tutorial on a column swap?

Specifically the plastic part and the contacts. Mine got hot and melted down, so I didn't have much left to compare it to, but LMC didn't have it, and anyone that said that they did wanted to sell me a universal one, which was not a viable option. I chose this because the 67 and up switches are cheap and available at parts stores. I will post a write up in the replies later today. It is mostly from memory as I took few notes, but I will endeavor to make it as complete as possible.